Meet the team
The management team of GENALICE is composed of two experienced executives in the field of ICT and Health & Life Sciences. They are supported by a select group of scientific experts, as well as successful entrepreneurs and senior executives, who – based upon their experience and network – form great sparring partners for the management team.
Chief Executive & Technology Officer – Hans Karten (1961)
- Expert in design and development of high-volume data management and processing solutions;
both hardware and software.
- Experience in the software industry, in the field of core database development and high-performance computing architectures.
- 14 years career at Oracle Corporation, patentee of 11 patents.
- Co-founder of GENALICE.
Chief Business Officer – Jos Lunenberg (1964)
- Molecular Biologist and MBA.
- Expert in the area of international marketing strategies in the Life Sciences Industry with
in-depth knowledge and experience in translating Life Sciences products into sustainable
brand strategies and winning propositions.
- Experience in sales and general management and business strategy.
- Lived and worked in the USA (4 years) and Switzerland (2 years).
- Setup his own sales & marketing agency.
Chief Financial Officer – Richard Irwin (1973)
- Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Highly experienced in the world of private equity and investment
- Spent 7 years at Schroders in London and 6 years at PricewaterhouseCoopers in New York,
Boston, Hong Kong, Luxembourg and UK.
Prof. Dr. E. (Edwin) Cuppen (1970)
- Head of Research, Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht
- Chief Scientific Officer at InteRNA Technologies that focuses on miRNA-based diagnostics and therapeutics
- In his current work Prof. Cuppen combines experimental methods, including next-generation sequencing technology and animal model studies, with bioinformatic approaches to identify functional elements in genomes and to understand the effects of genetic variation under normal and disease conditions.
Prof Cuppen: “After the revolution of NGS, integrating DNA data with other diagnostic information to unravel correlations between the different biomedical domains is the next hurdle to take. GENALICE’ groundbreaking approach has the potential to address major challenges in biomarker discoveries and personalized medicine development.”
Prof. Dr. G.A. (Gerrit) Meijer (1960)
- Head Pathology department, VU Medical Center Amsterdam
- Pathologist, focusing on translational research in colorectal and gastric cancer
- A major part of Prof. Meijer’s research program runs within the context of the Center for Translational Molecular Medicine (www.ctmm.nl), aiming to identify and validate biomarkers for early cancer detection.
Pof. Meijer: “Based on their experience in high volume data processing and analyses, GENALICE has chosen a refreshing and unique approach to advance biomarker discovery research. This places them in an excellent position to become an important player in this field.”
There are no products listed under this category.